We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide technical assistance to clients and support to our internal team. You will be exposed to a wide variety of situations, setup and deployments.
This role requires an energetic, motivated individual with a professional attitude and exceptional customer service skills. You will primarily be phone-based with the occasional on-site requirement, supporting our customers’ IT requests and working through our ticketing system.
- Serving as the first point of contact for clients seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Performing remote & onsite troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customer
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process and educate the client on steps to prevent or avoid re-occurring issue/s
- Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of technical personnel once all basic troubleshooting has been completed
- Record events, problems, timesheets and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update client status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by client to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
- Writing technical documentation sets
- Technical Background
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Drivers Licence and access to own transport is essential as you may be required to attend sites from time to time
- Willingness to learn on the job and not afraid to ask questions
- A professional, reliable and team orientated approach to work.
- Proactive approach on fixing issues and thinking outside the box
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Task prioritisation skills
- Desire to help people
- Exisiting or willingness to complete Police Check
Working knowledge of:
- Active Directory (Moves, add’s & Changes of user accounts.)
- Exchange / Office 365 (Administration of O365 licensing and working knowledge of Hybrid instances)
- Basic Networking (switches/routers/Wireless AP’s/LAN/WAN/ VPN)
- Basic server administration (Server 2012R2, Server 2016,)
Exposure to (beneficial not mandatory):
- Virtualisation technology tool-sets
- Application presentation technology (Citrix,RDS,VDI etc)
- Storage Technologies
- Cloud Technologies IAAS, SAAS etc.
- Flexible working environment.
- Fantastic Sunshine Coast location.
- Significant Opportunity for career progression.
- Mentoring and training available
- Access to enterprise systems and platforms
- Access to cutting edge platforms and process
Applications close on 17.03.2018